Welcome to Ceramics 2019!
The EMN Meeting on Ceramics will be held from May 20 to 24, 2019 in Jeju island, Korea
For 2019 EMN Jeju Meeting Lastast Program, please click here:Program
To continue its success of last events at Orlando, USA (2015), Hong Kong (2016), Melbourne, Australia (2017), Las Vegas, USA (2018), the next EMN Meeting on Ceramics (Ceramics 2019) will be held at Maison Glad Jeju, Jeju island, Korea from May 20 to 24, 2019. Ceramics 2019 is in response to growing interests from additional participants on this conference theme. It’s going to be a unique platform for leading scientists, researchers, scholars and engineers from academia, R&D laboratories and industry around the world to exchange, share and learn the most recent advancement on various aspects related to ceramic science and technology. Ceramics 2019 will be a few days of intense collaboration, exciting small science, and great social occasions.
Local Organizing Committee:
Prof. Nam-young Kim, Kwangwoon University, Korea
Dr. Jaewoo Kim, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI)/NAiEEL Technology, Korea
- Bioceramics and Medical Applications
- Carbides and Nitrides for Electrochemistry and Energy
- Ceramics Nanocomposites
- Ceramic Materials for Nuclear Power
- Ceramic Nanostructures
- Electronics in Ceramics
- Fundamentals and Applications of Porous Ceramics
- Ultra-high Temperature Ceramics
- 2D Oxide Nanosheets
- Yuelei Bai, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Damage tolerant ternary layered ceramics: From MAX phase to MAB phases
- Jūras Banys, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Microwave and THz characterization of ceramics
- Ozgur Cengiz, Afyon Kocatepe University, Turkey
Challenges in Additive Manufacturing (AM) of Traditional Ceramics
- Ratnamala Chatterjee, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Shape Memory Effect in Oxide Thin-films
- Cristina E. Ciomaga, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University(UAIC), Romania
Ferroelectric perovskite based ceramic composites: synthesis, functional properties and modeling
- Lavinia Curecheriu, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University(UAIC), Romania
Grain size effect on functional properties of ferroelectric ceramics
- Yanhai Du, Kent State University, USA
Additive Manufacturing Ceramic Fuel Cells
- Song Hu, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, CAS, China
Transparent ceramic-based phosphors for high-flux laser lighting
- Isao Kagomiya, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
Oxygen permeation properties of a new candidate for SOFC cathodes: (La, Ca)FeO3
- Kinya Kawamura, Tokyo University of Sciecne, Japan
Long-term and Short-term Memory Device Using Pt/Ti0.99Sc0.01O2-δ/Pt Cross Point Structure
- Hamadi Khemakhem, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Jaewoo Kim, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI)/NAiEEL Technology, Korea
Piezoelectric Perperty of Boron Nitride Nanotubes
- Woohong Kim, Naval Research Laboratory, USA
Transparent Ceramics for Harsh Environment
- Sergey Komarov, Tohoku University, Japan
A novel dry process for nanostructured composite metallization of ceramic substrates
- Wen-His Lee, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Haixia Li, Henan Polytechnic University, China
The analysis of ceramic filter application in gas/solid separation
- Søren Linderoth, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Functional ceramics for energy conversion and storage
- Igor Luk’yanchuk, Université de Picardie Jules Verne, France
Ferroelectric on the nanoscale: negative capacitance, THz oscillations and multilevel logic
- Nicolaie Markocsan, University West, Sweden
Nanostructured ceramic coatings by emerging thermal spray techniques
- Daoud Mezzane, Caddy Ayad University, Morocco
- Daiki Nishioka, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
Surface Proton Conductivity of Sm-doped Ceria with Lattice Distortion
- Koji Ohara, Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI, SPring-8), Japan
Observation of crystallization of glassy sulfide electrolytes using time-resolved PDF analysis
- Inala Ramu, Vishnu Institute of Technology, India
Influence of hygro-thermal environment on FGM beams/Plates
- A. Venkateswara Rao, Shivaji University, India
Aerogels and Applications
- Carolina Rosero, Hokkaido University, Japan
All-solid-state batteries based on oxide and sulfide solid electrolytes
- Jasbinder Sanghera, United States Naval Research Laboratory, USA
- S. K. Sinha, Birla ionstitute of Technology, India
Breeder blanket materials and its activation energy for application in Fusion Energy Reactor
- Malgorzata Sopicka-Lizer, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
The role of mechanochemical activation in the reactive sintering of mixed oxides/nitrides
- Hikmet Ucisik, Bogazici University, Turkey
- Ikuo Yanase, Saitama University, Japan
Zero-thermal-expansion property of ceramic composite
- Ryo Yasuhara, National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS), Japan
Magneto-optic ceramics for high power optical isolators
- Ling Yin, The University of Adelaide, Australia
- Sergejus Balčiūnas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Dielectric Properties Of barium titanate Based Composites
- Ozgur Cengiz, Afyon Kocatepe University, Turkey
Development of ceramic floor tile compositions incorporated with steel chips waste and optimization of the technological properties using Design of Experiments (DoE) method
- Dziugas Jablonskas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Nonlinear Dielectric Spectroscopy of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-based Ferroelectric Relaxor-like Materials
- Lyudmila Podzorova, Baikov Institute of Metallurgy and Materials Science, RAS, Russia
Dispersion hardening of composites in the system Al2O3 – [T–ZrO2]
All participants must pay registration fees according to the following schedule (One presentation per registration):
|Regular (Invited/Oral)||March 1- April 10, 2019||US$748|
|Regular (Poster)||March 1- April 10, 2019||US$548|
|Late (Invited/Oral)||April 11- 30, 2019||US$798|
|Late (Poster)||April 11- 30, 2019||US$598|
|Without Presentation||Before May 5, 2019||US$468|
|Accompany Person (Without Scientific Program)||Before May 10, 2019||US$398|
|On-Site (Cash Only)||May 20- 23, 2019||US$898|
- The registration fees are refundable less a ten percent (10%) processing charge if notice of cancellation is received 30 days before the meeting;
- The registration fees are refundable less a twenty percent (20%) processing charge if notice of cancellation is received 15 days before the meeting;
- Registration fees cannot be refunded if notice of cancellation is received within 15 days before the meeting;
- On-site registration payments are acceptable in Cash Only.
Attention: All lunch, Dinner, social events tickets are non-transferable and non-transferable and non-changeable. There are separated charges for each activity if you bring any additional member.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than April 10, 2019. The abstarct template is available here: EMN-Abstract-Template.
Abstracts from invited speakers will be accepted automatically. Please submit it as an email attachment to Conference Assistant.
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files. Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: First Name_Last Name_Conference name_ Abstract.doc (e.g. John_Smith_Ceramics 2019_Abstract.doc).
- Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email.
Venue: Maison Glad Jeju
Address: 80, Noyeon-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do 690-723, South Korea
Phone: +82 64 747 5000
The workshop will be held at Maison Glad Jeju, which will serve as the main accommodation venue for the attendees. We strongly encourage you to live at here, which also serve as the assembly point of our activities.
Please fill the Reservation Form-Jeju of the hotel to book and confirm your stays with this discount rate. Please send this form DIRECTLY to the Maison Glad Jeju Hotel by Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC to email@example.com and Conference Assistant.
The Meeting Schedule
On Site Registration Starts: 14:00 PM, May 20, 2019
Scientific Program: May 21/22/23, 2019
One-Day excursion: May 24, 2019