Welcome to EMN Meeting on Flexible Electronics 2019
The EMN Meeting on Flexible Electronics will take place from October 21 to 25, 2019 in Dubrovnik, Croatia!
Croatia is a country in Central Europe and Southeastern Europe on the Adriatic Sea. Neighboring countries include Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia. Geographically, Croatia is diverse with flat plains, low mountains, and islands. Croatia controls most land routes from Western Europe to the Aegean Sea and Turkish Straits. The government system is a presidential/parliamentary democracy. The chief of state is the president, and the head of government is the prime minister. Croatia has a mixed economic system which includes a variety of private freedom, combined with centralized economic planning and government regulation. Croatia is a member of the European Union (EU).
The meeting aims to be a unique platform for leading scientists, researchers, scholars and engineers from academia, R&D laboratories and industry around the world to exchange, share and learn the most recent advancement on various aspects related to Flexible Electronics. The meeting will be a few days of intense collaboration with great social occasions. It will be not only be a time to enjoy the company of fellow researchers in the field, but also a time to have fun with friends and family!
Look forward to having the pleasure welcoming you to the Flexible Electronics 2019.
- Wearable Electronics and Smart Textiles
- Energy Storage and Harvesting
- Actuator and Sensor
- Flexible Displays
- 2D Materials for Flexible Electronics
- Flexible Printed Circuit
- Human Machine Interface
- Internet of Things
Attendees – Invited:
More speakers to be announced…
- Gari Arutinov, Holst Centre/TNO, Netherlands
Digital Toolbox for Flexible and 3D Printed Electronics
- Madhu Bhaskaran, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Stretchable oxide electronics for sensing applications
- Lourdes Calzada, Materials Science Institute of Madrid (ICMM), Spain
Towards the integration of high-performance crystalline oxides in flexible electronics by low-temperature solution methods
- Paul C.-P. Chao, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Jin Pyo Hong, Hanyang University, Korea
Highly conductive, wearable 1D/2D yarns-based energy harvesting and storage devices
- Ryoichi Ishihara, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Flexible electronics with printed silicon
- Esma Ismailova, Esma ISMAILOVA, France
- Luis Jimenez, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Peru
Kangaroo mother care, an opportunity for flexible electronics applications
- Jae-Hyun Kim, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM), Korea
Roll-based transfer technology for manufacturing stretchable micro-LED display
- Sang Yeol Lee, Cheongju University, Korea
High mobility of amorphous oxide SiZnSnO thin film transistor for display applications
- Hong Chul Moon, University of Seoul, Republic of Korea
Mechanically Robust, Highly Conductive, Functional Ion Gels for Flexible Electrochemical Applications
- Haider Raad, Xavier University, USA
Novel Antennas and RF Structures for Wearable Technology and IoT Applications
- Mailadil Sebastian, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, India
Low loss rubber ceramic composites for flexible electronics
- Myung Mo Sung, Hanyang University, Korea
Heterogeneous Monolithic Integration of Single Crystalline Organic Nanowires
- Wencai Sung, Nanchang University, China
- Fukushima Takafumi, Tohoku University, Japan
New Flexible Hybrid Electroncs (FHE) Technologies for Biomedical Application
- Zhongchang Wang, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory(INL), Portugal
- Manos M. Tentzeris, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Inkjet-/3D-/4D-Printed Wireless Ultrabroadband Modules for IoT, SmartAg and Smart Cities Applications
The conference organizing committee sincerely welcome the potential speakers to contribute a more exciting meeting.
Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than August 6, 2019.
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files. Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: First Name_Last Name_Conference name_ Abstract.doc (e.g. John_Smith_Flexible Electronics 2019_Abstract.doc).
Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email.
All participants including conference chairs and invited speakers need to register. Please pay registration fees according to the following schedule:
Accompany person(without Scientific Program)
On-Site (Cash Only)
August 1-September 15, 2019
August 1-September 15, 2019
September 16-September 30, 2019
September 16-September 30, 2019
Before October 8, 2019
Before October 21, 2019
October 21-24, 2019
The meeting schedule
On Site Registration Starts: 14:00 PM, Oct. 21, 2019
Scientific Program: Oct. 22/23/24, 2019
One-Day excursion: Nature, Culture, and Collaboration on Oct. 25, 2019
The conference hotel will be Importanne Hotels & Resort.
Hotel Ariston 5*
Importanne Hotels & Resort
Kardinala Stepinca 31, 20 000 Dubrovnik, Croatia
Tel: +385 1 4619 503 OR +385 20 440 100
Accommodation: We have blocked off some rooms with special rates for attendees, with first-come-first-serve basis.
Daily room rate:
Standard double room for single use BB: € 95.00 per room per day
Standard double/twin room BB: € 120.00 per room per day
Sea view double room for single use BB: € 110.00 per room per day
Sea view double/twin room BB: € 140.00 per room per day
The above-mentioned rates are valid per room per night, including Buffet Breakfast and 13% VAT.
Web page: https://www.importanneresort.com/en/
When making a reservation, participants have to go to the web page above, click BOOK NOW in the right top corner, choose HOTEL ARISTON from our list of hotels under ACCOMMODATION, pick dates (arrival, departure) and insert access code DUBROVNIK2019.
Official reservation deadline is 31.08.2019. All reservations received after this date will be only confirmed upon availability.
We have listed other hotels nearby for your information.
Accommodation options within 5 minutes walking distance from the conference venue:
1.Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik, http://www.valamar.com/en/hotels-dubrovnik/valamar-lacroma-dubrovnik-hotel
2.Valamar Argosy Hotel, http://www.valamar.com/en/hotels-dubrovnik/argosy-hotel