Welcome to EMN Meeting on Flexible Electronics 2019
The EMN Meeting on Flexible Electronics will take place from October 21 to 25, 2019 in Dubrovnik, Croatia!
Croatia is a country in Central Europe and Southeastern Europe on the Adriatic Sea. Neighboring countries include Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia. Geographically, Croatia is diverse with flat plains, low mountains, and islands. Croatia controls most land routes from Western Europe to the Aegean Sea and Turkish Straits. The government system is a presidential/parliamentary democracy. The chief of state is the president, and the head of government is the prime minister. Croatia has a mixed economic system which includes a variety of private freedom, combined with centralized economic planning and government regulation. Croatia is a member of the European Union (EU).
The meeting aims to be a unique platform for leading scientists, researchers, scholars and engineers from academia, R&D laboratories and industry around the world to exchange, share and learn the most recent advancement on various aspects related to Flexible Electronics. The meeting will be a few days of intense collaboration with great social occasions. It will be not only be a time to enjoy the company of fellow researchers in the field, but also a time to have fun with friends and family!
Look forward to having the pleasure welcoming you to the Flexible Electronics 2019.
- Wearable Electronics and Smart Textiles
- Energy Storage and Harvesting
- Actuator and Sensor
- Flexible Displays
- 2D Materials for Flexible Electronics
- Flexible Printed Circuit
- Flexible Functional Material
- Human Machine Interface
- Internet of Things
Attendees – Invited:
More speakers to be announced…
- Adam Adamsk, University of Silesia, Poland
Bioelectronic operation of the interface between man and space
- Madhu Bhaskaran, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Stretchable oxide electronics for sensing applications
- Philip J. Broser, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Switzerland St.Gallen, Switzerland
Diagnosis and treatment monitoring of neuro muscular disease using wearable electronics
- Jai-Won Byeon, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea
Effect of Mechanical Fatigue on Flexible Lithium Ion Battery for Wearable Electronics Applications
- Lourdes Calzada, Materials Science Institute of Madrid (ICMM), Spain
Towards the integration of high-performance crystalline oxides in flexible electronics by low-temperature solution methods
- Albert Cirera Hernandez, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Hybridizing SMD technology with inkjet Printed Circuit Board
- Kenji Hata, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
Carbon Nanotube for Wearable and Robust Electronics
- Jin Pyo Hong, Hanyang University, Korea
Highly conductive, wearable 1D/2D yarns-based energy harvesting and storage devices
- Ryoichi Ishihara, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Flexible electronics with printed silicon
- Guneik Jang, Chungbuk National University, Korea
A study on a hybrid index matching layer of the Mn-SnO2/Ag/Mn-SnO2 tri-layer film on PET substrate
- Luis Jimenez, Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco, Peru
Kangaroo mother care, an opportunity for flexible electronics applications
- Maris Knite, Riga Technical University, Latvia
Advanced nanostructured carbon/flexible polymer composites for multifunctional sensing
- Jong-Hyun Lee, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Novel 2-Micrometer Ag-Coated Cu Materials for High-Speed Die-Attach at below 250 °C
- Sang Yeol Lee, Cheongju University, Korea
High mobility of amorphous oxide SiZnSnO thin film transistor for display applications
- Yuhang Li, Beihang University, China
Sensation of human body for flexible electronics integrated with human skin
- Juqing Liu, Nanjing Tech University, China
Low-Dimensional Nanomaterials for Flexible Memory Devices
- Xianhong Meng, Beihang University, China
Graphene morphology regulated by nanotubes patterned in parallel on a substrate surface
- Luc Piraux, Université catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Flexible thermoelectric devices using macroscopic interconnected nanowire networks
- Mickaël Pruvost, MIE Lab – ESPCI, Paris, France
Polymeric foams for flexible and highly sensitive low-pressure capacitive sensors
- Haider Raad, Xavier University, USA
Novel Antennas and RF Structures for Wearable Technology and IoT Applications
- Zoran Radivojevic, Nokia-Bell Lab, Cambridge, UK
Wearable Piezo Haptic Matrix
- Iman S. Roqan, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Kingdom of Saudia Arabia
Solution-processed quantum dots for flexible optoelectronics
- Vibha Saxena, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
Ultra-thin Langmuir–Blodgett thin films: Gas sensing and energy harvesting applications
- Farida Selim, Bowling Green State University, USA
- Myung Mo Sung, Hanyang University, Korea
Heterogeneous Monolithic Integration of Single Crystalline Organic Nanowires
- Wen-Tsai Sung, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taiwan
Innovative AIoT technology development and application
- Takafumi Fukushima, Tohoku University, Japan
New Flexible Hybrid Electronics Technologies for Biomedical Application
- Thanos Tiliakos, National Institute for Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics, Romania
Fractal Architectures for Flexible Electronics: Laser Methods and Scalable Applications
- José M. Vila-Fungueiriño, Université de Montpellier, France; Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Polymer Assisted Deposition of Epitaxial Oxides Thin-Films and Multilayers
- Manos M. Tentzeris, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Inkjet-/3D-/4D-Printed Wireless Ultrabroadband Modules for IoT, SmartAg and Smart Cities Applications
- Qian Xin, Shandong University, China
Oxide semiconductor based diodes, transistors, and circuits forwearable electronics
- Hiroyuki Yaguchi, Tohoku Gakuin University, Japan
Inspection of structure by electromagnetic and vibration type actuator
- Fei Zeng, Tsinghua University, China
High Sensitivity to Mechanical Loadings of Hydrogel Based Ionic Skin Structure due to Salt Doping
- Yaping Zhao, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
The conference organizing committee sincerely welcome the potential speakers to contribute a more exciting meeting.
Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than August 6, 2019.
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files. Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: First Name_Last Name_Conference name_ Abstract.doc (e.g. John_Smith_Flexible Electronics 2019_Abstract.doc).
Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email.
All participants including conference chairs and invited speakers need to register. Please pay registration fees according to the following schedule:
Accompany person(without Scientific Program)
On-Site (Cash Only)
August 1-September 15, 2019
August 1-September 15, 2019
September 16-September 30, 2019
September 16-September 30, 2019
Before October 8, 2019
Before October 21, 2019
October 21-24, 2019
The meeting schedule
On Site Registration Starts: 14:00 PM, Oct. 21, 2019
Scientific Program: Oct. 22/23/24, 2019
One-Day excursion: Nature, Culture, and Collaboration on Oct. 25, 2019
The conference hotel will be Importanne Hotels & Resort.
Hotel Ariston 5*
Importanne Hotels & Resort
Kardinala Stepinca 31, 20 000 Dubrovnik, Croatia
Tel: +385 1 4619 503 OR +385 20 440 100
Accommodation: We have blocked off some rooms with special rates for attendees, with first-come-first-serve basis.
Daily room rate:
Standard double room for single use BB: € 95.00 per room per day
Standard double/twin room BB: € 120.00 per room per day
Sea view double room for single use BB: € 110.00 per room per day
Sea view double/twin room BB: € 140.00 per room per day
The above-mentioned rates are valid per room per night, including Buffet Breakfast and 13% VAT.
Web page: https://www.importanneresort.com/en/
When making a reservation, participants have to go to the web page above, click BOOK NOW in the right top corner, choose HOTEL ARISTON from our list of hotels under ACCOMMODATION, pick dates (arrival, departure) and insert access code DUBROVNIK2019.
Official reservation deadline is 31.08.2019. All reservations received after this date will be only confirmed upon availability.
We have listed other hotels nearby for your information.
Accommodation options within 5 minutes walking distance from the conference venue:
1.Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik, http://www.valamar.com/en/hotels-dubrovnik/valamar-lacroma-dubrovnik-hotel
2.Valamar Argosy Hotel, http://www.valamar.com/en/hotels-dubrovnik/argosy-hotel