Contributing authors should indicate their preference for oral or poster presentations in the box provided on the abstract submission template. Abstracts from invited authors will automatically be accepted as an oral presentation. In the acceptance e-mail, authors will be notified of the format for their presentation.
Welcome to EMN Meeting on Carbon Nanostructures 2020!
With the success of the previous Carbon Nanostructures meetings in Hawaii, USA 2016, Orlando, USA 2017 , Dubrovnik, Croatia 2018 and Rome, Italy 2019. The 5th EMN Meeting on Carbon Nanostructures will be back to Hawaii, USA and will be held from March 17 to 21, 2020. It aims to be a unique platform for leading scientists, researchers, scholars and engineers from academia, laboratories and industry around the world to exchange, share and learn the most recent advancement on various aspects related to Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene, Nanoparticles and other topics related to Carbon Nanostructures.
The conference include but not limited to the topics: Carbon Nanotubes // Graphene // Carbon Nanofibre // Carbon Nanoparticles // Carbon Nanopores/Nanoporous // 2D Materials
- Carbon Nanostructures for Energy Storage
Chair: Ram Gupta
- Carbon Nanostructures in Biology
- Carbon Electronics
- Graphene and Related Structures
- Technology applications of carbon nanomaterials
Invited Speakers (Sort by last name) Updating…
- Makoto Ashino, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan
Flexural mechanics of graphene membranes studied by 3D Force Field Spectroscopy
- Zhesheng Chen, Université Paris-Saclay, France
Modulation of electronic structure in several novel layered-semiconductors
- Hassan Dehghanpour, University of Alberta, Canada
Modeling transport phenomenon in organic nanopores of shales.
- Kunpeng Dou, Ocean University of China, China
Electron transport in carbon based molecular junctions
- Hiroshi Furuta, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
Nano-carbon metamaterials for energy and phonic devices
- Nathan Guisinger, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
Atomic-scale exploration of graphene
- Ram Gupta (Keynote),Pittsburg State University
Recent advances in carbon-based nanomaterials for supercapacitors
- Yasuhiko Hayashi, Okayama University, Japan
- Le Thi Mai Hoa, Vietnam National University, Viet Nam
Multiwall carbon nanotubes loaded with utrafine NiCo2O4 nanoparticles for desalination and heavy metal ion removal
- Mi-Young Im, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
- Jun’ichi Kanasaki, Osaka City University, Japan
Photo-induced sp3-bonded carbon nanostructures on graphite
- Soo Min Kim, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Korea
Single-crystal 2D heterostructure on wafer scale
- Luísa Margarida Martins, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
The role of carbon materials on the catalytic oxidation of alkanes
- Ajay Kumar Mishra, University of South Africa, South Africa
Advances in Nanotechnology for environmental application
- Tereza Paronyan, HeXalayer LLC, USA
Rotated graphene structures as an advanced energy storage
- Alfonso Enrique Ramirez Sanabria, Universidad del Cauca, Colombia
Graphene as support and Catalyst
- Cornelia Rodenburg, University of Sheffield, UK
Making Sense of Carbon Nanostructures by Secondary Electron Hyperspectral Imaging in the Scanning Electron Microscope
- Antoni Rogalski, Military University of Technology, Poland
2D materials in infrared detector family
- Célia Machado Ronconi, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brasil
Light-responsive polymer-functionalized reduced graphene oxide to deliver amphotericin B for leishmaniasis treatment
- Junfeng Rong, Research Institute of Petroleum Processing (RIPP),Sinopec, China
- Amrit Sarmah, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
Mechanical Force-Induced Manipulation of Electronic Conductance in a Spin-Crossover Complex
- Pavel Serbun, University of Wuppertal, Germany
Novel material for field emission cathodes and visible light sources
- Andre Schirmeisen, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, Germany
Bottom-up construction of nano graphenes
- Meyer Thierry, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
10 years of safety management of nanomaterials in research labs
- Feng Wang, University of California at San Francisco, USA
Graphene Oxide Based Affinity Grids for High Resolution Single Particle Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Qian Wang, Peking University, China
Penta-gaphene and it’s potential applications
- Shiren Wang, Texas A&M University, USA
Graphene nanostructure for energy-efficient ion separation
- Philip J. Wyatt, Wyatt Technology, USA
The separation and measurement of single wall carbon nanotubes
- Tian Xia, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
Multimodal killing mechanisms of graphene oxide composites in antibiotic resistant bacteria
- Yeshui Zhang, University College London, UK
Carbon Nanotubes from the Pyrolysis-catalysis/Catalytic Reforming of Wastes
Abstract deadline is Jan. 15, 2020. Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than Jan. 20, 2020. Abstracts from invited speakers will be accepted automatically.
Please submit it as an email attachment to email@example.com
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files. Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: First Name_Last Name_EMN Carbon_ Abstract.doc (e.g. John_Smith_EMN Carbon_Abstract.doc).
Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email. Oral Presentations:
- Contributed talks: Authors of contributed talks will be allotted 12 minutes to present their results, followed by a 3 minute discussion period.
- Invited talks: Authors of invited talks will be allotted 20 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- Keynote addresses: Keynote speakers will be allotted 30 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- An LCD projector, laptop computer (Windows), laser pointer, and lapel microphone (if necessary) will be provided in each room.
- Presenters may use their own laptop computer or bring a copy of their presentation on a USB drive and use the provided computer.
- Projectors are equipped with standard VGA connection ports. Mac users should bring their own adapter cord.
- Available surface area is 90 cm x 140 cm.
- Push pins for attaching the poster to the board will be provided.
- Poster presenters will be directed to the designated board at the start of the poster session.
- Author must be present to provide details and answer questions during the selected poster session times.
The registration gateway will be opened from Dec. 10, 2019.
All participants including conference chairs and invited speakers need to register. Please pay registration fees according to the following schedule:
Registration fee will not cover flights or accommodation.
Dec. 10, 2019-Jan. 20, 2020
Dec. 10, 2019-Jan. 20, 2020
Jan. 21 -Feb. 10, 2020
Jan. 21 -Feb. 10, 2020
Before Feb. 25, 2020
(without Scientific Program)
Before March 18, 2020
On-Site (Cash Only)
|March 17-20, 2020||
- The registration fees are refundable less a ten percent (10%) processing charge if notice of cancellation is received 30 days before the meeting;
- The registration fees are refundable less a twenty percent (20%) processing charge if notice of cancellation is received 15 days before the meeting;
- Registration fees cannot be refunded if notice of cancellation is received within 15 days before the meeting;
- On-site registration payments are acceptable in Cash Only.
Attention: All lunch, Dinner, social events tickets are non-transferable and non-transferable and non-changeable. There are separated charges for each activity if you bring any additional member.
Authors of accepted presentations are encouraged but not required to submit their full manuscripts for publication reviewing as journal articles or book chapters. The following are possible publishing titles:
- Nanoscale Research Letters (Springer) Open access publishing is not without costs. Fee to be paid by the author if the article is accepted for publication.
- Journal of Semiconductors (IOP)
- Journal of Electronic Science and Technology JEST (International), Journal of Electronic Science and Technology (ISSN 1674-862X), is a peer-reviewed and open-access periodical, devoted to the purpose of providing rapid publication of original and significant contributions relating to state-of-the-art achievements in electronic science and technology. JEST sincerely invites original manuscripts (include original research articles as well as review articles) for ‘Special Section on Energy, Materials, and Nanotechnology’ and ‘Special Section on Quantum Technology’ in JEST. All the manuscripts will undergo the peer-review organized by EMN Conference publication committee. And the papers accepted by these two Special Sections will be freely open accessed.
Important note for full paper submitter Full papers should be received to the conference registration desk. (Three hard copies to the conference registration desk) Format: After the full paper submission, committees are going to make decisions on which journal (books) they should be assigned. (Authors can make a suggestion on which journal (book) they wish to publish.) Thus, please prepare the manuscript in a general scientific journal format including ‘title, author list, abstract, introduction, experimental, results & discussion and conclusion’. Once, a decision is made, a guideline on how to prepare and submit will be kindly directed to corresponding author(s). Scope: Authors can make a suggestion on which journal (book) they wish to publish and thus, please prepare the manuscripts to be appropriate (especially, the title and abstract) to the scopes of journals (or books) in order to avoid undesired journal assignment. Review Process: After the journal (or book) assignment by committees, a regular review process with two or more referees is going to be done.
It’s not requested to live in the conference hotel, you can book a hotel near Sheraton Princess Kaiulani or reserve a room at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani though booking, agoda…
Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Address: 120 Kaiulani Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States The workshop will be held at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, which also serve as the assembly point of our activities.
On Site Registration Starts: 14:00 PM, May 17, 2020 Scientific Program: March 18/19/20, 2020 One-Day excursion: March 21, 2020