Welcome to EMN Meeting on 3D Printing 2019
The EMN Meeting on 3D Printing will take place from August 26 to 30, 2019 in St. Julian’s, Malta!
Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. It lies south of the island of Sicily, Italy. Malta is a popular tourist destination with its warm climate, numerous recreational areas, and architectural and historical monuments, including three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni, Valletta, and seven megalithic temples which are some of the oldest free-standing structures in the world. Malta is a member of the Schengen Agreement and the official languages are Maltese and English.
The meeting aims to be a unique platform for leading scientists, researchers, scholars and engineers from academia, R&D laboratories and industry around the world to exchange, share and learn the most recent advancement on various aspects related to 3D printing. The meeting will be a few days of intense collaboration with great social occasions. It will be not only be a time to enjoy the company of fellow researchers in the field, but also a time to have fun with friends and family!
Look forward to having the pleasure welcoming you to the 3D printing 2019.
- 3D Printing Designs and Modelling
- 3D Printing Materials and Methods
- Tissue Engineering and Fabrication
- 3D Bioprinting
- 3D Printing Processing Technologies
- 4D Printing
- Advances in 3D Printing
- Applications in Fashion and Entertainment
- Applications in Aerospace
- 3D Printing in Medical Applications
Attendees – Invited:
More speakers to be announced…
- Doug Chrisey, Tulane University, USA
Cell-by-Cell Assembly for 3D Bioprinting
- Daniel Cohn, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
4D printing: From“ink” to medical devices
- Jeremy Faludi, University of California, Berkeley, USA
3D printing for the circular economy: compostable biomaterials that also reduce print energy
- Ying Hsi Jerry Fuh, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Electro-hydrodynamicBioprinting of Hybrid Scaffoldsfor Esophagus Tissue Repair
- Dentcho A. Genov, Louisiana Tech University, USA
Surface Plasmon Induced Enhancement in Selective Laser Melting Processes
- Kyung-In Jang, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
Design and fabrication of 3D conductive coils for wireless bioelectronics for the human
- Laszlo Kiraly, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
3D printing for congenital heart disease
- Matej Knezevic, Clinical Hospital Center Sestre milosrdnice Zagreb, Croatia
3D Printing in the Field of Urology
- Wenfeng Lu, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Hadi Moztarzadeh, University of Warwick, UK
Residual stress and shape and size accuracy in metal 3D printing and additive manufacturing
- Carmine Pirozzi, Italian Aerospace Research Centre, Italy
- Lee Heow Pueh, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Konda Gokuldoss Prashanth, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Fabrication of precipitation hardening alloys by additive manufacturing
- Kasin Ransikarbum, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok, Thailand
Multi-criteria decision analysis for medical prosthetic leg production using 3d printing innovation
- Arif Rochman, University of Malta, Malta
Innovative Design and 3D Printing of Patient-Specific Knee Implant
- Iulia Salaoru, De Montfort University, UK
Digital printing of functional materials: a step forward to green electronics
- Mayank Sehdev, GD Goenka University, India
How 3D printing can be used to make aftermarket small components of automobile
- Hongyao Shen, Zhejiang University, China
Research on building orientation optimization with flexible support platform in 3D printing
- Nguyen Dinh Son, University of Danang, VietNam
Design of Lattice Structure for Additive Manufacturing in CAD environment
- Zhonghua Sun, Curtin University, Australia
3D printing in cardiovascular disease
- Alexandru Talpasanu, Software Architect, Sacramento, CA, USA
- Ilie Talpasanu, Wentworth Institute of Technology, USA
Kinematic Analysis of 3D Printing Geared Mechanisms and Dynamic Surfaces
- Ahmed Zidan, Center for Drug Research and Evaluation (CDER), U.S. Food and Drug Administration, USA
Case studies on the regulatory prospective of 3D printing of drug products
- Hongbo Zhang, East China University of Science and Technology, China
3D bioprinting of complex soft structures
- Cheng Zhu, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
The conference organizing committee sincerely welcome the potential speakers to contribute a more exciting meeting.
Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than June 6, 2019.
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files. Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: First Name_Last Name_Conference name_ Abstract.doc (e.g. John_Smith_3D Printing 2019_Abstract.doc).
Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email.
All participants including conference chairs and invited speakers need to register. Please pay registration fees according to the following schedule:
Accompany person(without Scientific Program)
On-Site (Cash Only)
June 1-July 15, 2019
June 1-July 15, 2019
July 16-July 31, 2019
July 16-July 31, 2019
Before August 8, 2019
Before August 30, 2019
August 26-29, 2019
The meeting schedule
On Site Registration Starts: 14:00 PM, Aug. 26, 2019
Scientific Program: Aug. 27/28/29, 2019
One-Day excursion: Nature, Culture, and Collaboration on Aug. 30, 2019
The conference hotel will be InterContinental Hotel Malta.
And the Program will be held in Palm Suite 1 located in the large gardens on LVL 7 in InterContinental Arena Conference Centre.
Address: St. George’ s Bay, St. Julian’s STJ 3310, Malta
Call: +356 2137 7600; TOLL FREE: +800 1800 1800
Accommodation: We have blocked off some rooms with special rates for attendees, with first-come-first-serve basis. However, these rates are only applicable until 8 weeks prior to the event (02-July-2019).
Daily room rate: € 220.00 / € 240.00 (single/double per night) including full American buffet breakfast
Reservation: Please fill this form with the required details and send to the Reservations department by email on email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by fax on +356 2376 5305 by not later than 01st July 2019.
There are also some other hotels nearby by walking in 10 mins, please check:
Hugo’s Boutique Hotel, St. George’s Road,, Paceville, St Julian’s STJ 3200; 4 star
Holiday Inn Express Malta, St. George’s Bay St. Julian’s STJ, 3310 Malta; 3 star
The George, Urban Boutique Hotel, Triq Paceville St. Julians, St Julian’s STJ 3103 Malta; 4 star
Be.Hotel. Bay Street Tourist Complex, St. George’s Bay, San Ġiljan STJ 3311 Malta; 3 star
Golden Tulip Vivaldi, Triq Dragonara San Ġiljan STJ, St Julian’s 06; 4 star
The District Hotel, Triq Santu Wistin, San Ġiljan; 3 star