Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than October 1, 2016. Abstracts from invited speakers will be accepted automatically. Please submit abstract to: email@example.com, the abstract template is available here: EMN Phuket Abstract Template
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: Meeting_Workshop_Speaker_Abstract.doc (e.g. EMN Phuket_Complex Magnets & Skyrmions_John Smith_Abstract.doc).
- Surface and Interface Analysis workshop
- Complex Magnets & Skyrmions workshop
- Graphene workshop
- Terahertz Technology workshop
- Multiscale Modeling workshop
- Nanocomposites for Advanced Technologies workshop
- Electron Microscopy workshop
- Phuket General workshop
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files.
Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email.
Abstracts accepted for the EMN Conference will be presented either orally or as a poster.
- Contributed talks: Authors of contributed talks will be allotted 12 minutes to present their results, followed by a 3 minute discussion period.
- Invited talks: Authors of invited talks will be allotted 20 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- Keynote addresses: Keynote speakers will be allotted 30 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- An LCD projector, laptop computer (Windows), laser pointer, and lapel microphone (if necessary) will be provided in each room.
- Presenters may use their own laptop computer or bring a copy of their presentation on a USB drive and use the provided computer.
- Projectors are equipped with standard VGA connection ports. Mac users should bring their own adapter cord.
- Available surface area is 90 cm x 140 cm.
- Push pins for attaching the poster to the board will be provided.
- Poster presenters will be directed to the designated board at the start of the poster session.
- Author must be present to provide details and answer questions during the selected poster session times.
Contributing authors should indicate their preference for oral or poster presentations in the box provided on the abstract submission template. Abstracts from invited authors will automatically be accepted as an oral presentation. In the acceptance e-mail, authors will be notified of the format for their presentation.
Authors of accepted presentations are encouraged but not required to submit their full manuscripts for publication reviewing as journal articles or book chapters.
The following are possible publishing titles:
- Nanoscale Research Letters (Springer)
Open access publishing is not without costs. For EMN submissions, Springer will provide 50% discount for each article accepted for publication. Fee to be paid by the author if the article is accepted for publication. In order to qualify for the 50% discount, please submit your article to the ‘EMN Meeting’ section during submission and mention the meeting in your waiver request”.
- Journal of Semiconductors (IOP)
Important note for full paper submitters
Full papers should be received to the conference registration desk. (Three hard copies to the conference registration desk)
Format: After the full paper submission, committees are going to make decisions on which journal (books) they should be assigned. (Authors can make a suggestion on which journal (book) they wish to publish.) Thus, please prepare the manuscript in a general scientific journal format including ‘title, author list, abstract, introduction, experimental, results & discussion and conclusion’. Once, a decision is made, a guideline on how to prepare and submit will be kindly directed to corresponding author(s).
Scope: Authors can make a suggestion on which journal (book) they wish to publish and thus, please prepare the manuscripts to be appropriate (especially, the title and abstract) to the scopes of journals (or books) in order to avoid undesired journal assignment.
Review Process: After the journal (or book) assignment by committees, a regular review process with two or more referees is going to be done.